Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Tenth Poem

I'm gonna write this one quick
Because I tend to regret everything I put down.
I feel lucky,
Angry,
Upset,
And regretful
All at the same time 
And I know it won't get better than that.
In the end, I blame myself
For my own confusion.
I should've picked up the hints..
If they were hints to begin with.
Or I should have questioned them.
I should've said that I had a great time, too.
I should've said that I couldn't wait to see you, too.
We were driving out of DC
And all I wanted to do was drive back
Hug you one last time.
Kissed you for the first time.
Even if you rejected me, it still would've been an answer.
It still would have let me sleep tonight.
But I'm laying in bed, months later,
Wondering where it went all wrong.
What did I do?
What did you do?
What did we ever mean?
To each other,
To you,
To me.
I miss you.
I miss my friend.
None of this was ever dramatic,
But it shook the earth for me.
It moved the ground below my feet.
I'm still wondering,
Did it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment